Friday, January 29, 2010

Food Waste Friday

Every Friday Kristen @ The Frugal Girl posts a picture of her food waste and she invites us all to participate. Reading Kristen's blog has really inspired and motivated me to get a handle not only on our food spending (groceries and eating out) but also on our food waste.

So while I actually threw these items out on Tuesday - my garbage day - I will post here (and on Kirsten's site) on Friday's.

So here is my first Food Waste Friday picture:



There is some roast beef in the bottom right container - the gravy got all used up and no one was interested after that, I meant to freeze it but never got to it. Above that is some pizza sauce and a couple of slices of pepperoni, these were for my son's lunches and I some how calculated the wrong amounts. On the left bottom there is some rice and beans I had for work lunch one day and when I came home they never made it into the fridge - definitely not safe to eat rice that has been left out! The container in the middle has some sloppy joe meat, I made such a large batch and we all just got sick of it (should have frozen it) and finally a bowl of some instant mashed potatoes that either my oldest son or DH made to go with the roast beef one night.

Both my inside and my chest freezer need cleaning out and I am sure there will be lots to come then, but for now my fridge is full of edible food!


0 comments:

Post a Comment