Thursday, January 21, 2010

Thank God

My youngest son slide into the boards tonight at hockey. We took him to the hospital to get checked and I expected them to tell me to watch for concussion signs and good to go. My heart leapt into my mouth when the DR. turned to the nurse and said lets get a collar on him. And it nearly leapt out of my chest when I heard her say she wasn't clearing a c-spine with that x-ray. Fortunately it was just a bad film and after several more x-rays the radiologist at the nearest hospital (also thank God for radio-teleconferencing or whatever it is called) cleared him. Two concussion checks later and I think we are in the clear. No signs of concussion and diminishing c-spine tenderness.

It could have been so much worse, and it was just a stupid accident, he tripped on the goalie's stick, no hit, nothing malicious, just a stick in the wrong place.

Thank God, that as I sit here and type I know that all 4 of my men are safely sleeping in their beds, with soft blankets keeping them warm. And in two hours when I get them all up, grumpy and tired though they may be they will all be able to walk, talk, see and hear. Thank God!

0 comments:

Post a Comment