Monday, February 1, 2010

February Financial Goals

It takes 3 weeks to 3 months to form a habit, but amazingly it only takes once of not doing a task to get out of the habit of performing it!

In September I began tracking every penny we spent, this was especially important because we began using our credit card for everyday expenses. This was to get the cash rewards and to ease my cash flow issues. Of course this only works when you pay it all off every month, thus the necessity of tracking.

I did very well for September and October but haven’t kept up with it since; I obviously need 3 months to form a habit!

With the start of February I will begin this again, when I am not tracking it is too easy to overspend and we have been. My main financial goals for February will be tracking our spending and meal planning/shopping only once a week. It is time to tighten those belts and squeeze those pennies.

0 comments:

Post a Comment