Monday, February 1, 2010

Decluttering and Maybe a Regular Monday Post

I have had that show Hoarders on a few times at work; I haven’t actually watched it all but playing in the background. It frightens me. So many things in my house are without a home/place of their own and decluttering/organising have been such a huge task for me through the years that I fear I could slip into hoarder mode easily as the years advance.

In preparation for our move, which I have resigned myself to taking place in the summer, I need to have a systematic plan to deal with the stuff in our house and then a plan for fixing/sprucing up our house for sale.

I have decided to break it down into very small and manageable task to limit my overwhelemedness (probably not a word but trust me this is how I feel). We have had major clean outs before, usually as the youngest moves out of a stage and the Toy ‘R Us explosion site that is also known as our basement becomes largely ignored by the kids.

The first area I am going to tackle will be the front entrance. There is just one closet, a side table and a coat rack to be dealt with. You may recognise the closet from an earlier post, enough said.

I am going to give myself one week to complete this area and will work on it in small chunks of time, 5 minutes to do the coats, 10 minutes for the shelf, etc. I am really hoping that this approach will bring me success and I will report back next Monday on my progress. If I get a chance I post some before pictures later tonight and then some wonderful after pictures!

0 comments:

Post a Comment