Saturday, March 20, 2010

First few days

We have been on our own here now for 2 ½ days (since DH went back) and so far so good. Things have been busy with DS3 playing a hockey tournament this weekend. He has one game left tomorrow at the ridiculous hour of 7am and then DS1 & DS2 have their first lacrosse evaluation in the afternoon. We really haven't even had time to be homesick yet!

Living in the trailer is a bit of a challenge, one high-strung momma and three rambunctious growing boys in a 24-foot space makes for some interesting times. And having all three boys in the back bunks is lot like a never-ending sleep-over!

The boys have been very helpful, when they aren’t fighting with each other! They have all taken a turn drying dishes, DS1 went grocery shopping with me and kept me on budget, and all three made a pot of chilli for dinner on Friday. Did you hear that? They made dinner. By. Themselves. OK, with a little help from me but mostly on their own, it was ridiculously spicy but they all ate it and I was grateful for the time to get other tasks done.

I will do a separate post on groceries and meal plan because I really want to keep track of that.

Today in addition to the hockey games and swimming at the Y, I went and got my cell phone switched over to a local number and changed to a better plan (hopefully). Tomorrow we have a hockey game, lacrosse evaluations, and I MUST remember to get another section of pipe insulation for the water hose!

2 comments:

Anonymous

It'll be an adjustment at first i'm sure, but i'm sure in the end it'll be great! :) Are the boys excited?

Nothing better than spicy chili.. YUM!!

Jane

Excited and anxious, it is a real roller coaster around here!

Post a Comment