Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Job Hunting in Jammies, again!

Day two on the job hunt, sent off a bunch more resumes, I really hate writing cover letters.

The weather here is beautiful today. My two oldest have a lacrosse practice tonight 5:30 – 6:30 so I am going to have dinner ready for just after school. BBQ chicken, mashed potatoes and veggies with cheese sauce, yum!

I am still planning a grocery post, I know it will be past info but I want to have a record of all my groceries since moving here so feel free to skip it when I post it, lol! However, the good news is it seems that groceries are definitely cheaper here. I have been mainly shopping at Superstore; I love it! Their prices are the lowest and they price match all the other flyers. Their produce is great and cheap – back home I always bought my produce at Extra Foods, which is the same chain, but I am not keen on their meat so not sure what I am going to do there.

Another new thing I am loving since we moved here is SKYPE! My in-laws have been using it for years to talk to their relatives in Portugal and I have seen it on Oprah a lot lately, but I must profess to having remained completely in the dark about it until now. It is the best thing ever. As soon as DH got home after the move, he brought our desktop computer up to the dining room, bought a webcam and microphone and installed Skype. I had installed it on our laptop already so the very next day we were able to talk and see each other! I think it has really helped us all not to feel as sad or to feel the pain of missing each other as much. I can connect with DH on Skype and keep preparing dinner or wash the dishes and it is almost as if we are in the same room. I highly recommend using Skype.

I had a nice (but very long) phone call with one of my aunties this morning. She had her kids very young (18) but is only 2 years older than me so she seems much older and wiser. She is more like a girlfriend though than an Auntie. It is so nice that now we are only 3 hours away we will get to see each other more often. She has been so excited and supportive about our move, it has been a real boost.

I am going to go and get dressed (got to LOVE job hunting in PJs) and get myself moving. I need to start going through the piles of paper I brought with us, pull out all our tax stuff, and get that done. Our taxes are always so basic and simple it only takes me abut a half hour to get them done; it usually takes me longer to telefile them than to actually calculate them! I hope that there will be refunds coming, or at least not too much owing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment