Monday, March 29, 2010

First day on the job hunt

Today was the first day all three boys have been in school all day (it should have been Friday but DS3 bonked his nose on the slide and as it was bleeding they thought I should come and get him, I brought him home for about an hour and then took him back, LOL) and I have been by myself. So how did I spend my time you might ask?

I spend the whole day on the computer job searching and sending out resumes along with the attendant cover letters. I absolutely hate writing cover letters. I dislike blowing my own horn so to speak so it is difficult for me and often takes me quite some time.

In all I applied to five jobs, I found on various job boards and applied to the two placement agencies. Tomorrow I will follow up with the two agencies, go online to some of the larger employers in the area – Telus, Shaw, Fortis, and see what they have to offer. As well, I will go online to each of the area’s banks and see if any are accepting resumes. And of course check all the job boards again; I also need to check out Craig’s List and Kijjii.

I was talking to DH on Skype at one point and he asked if any of the jobs required me to go in person to apply and not even one did! Job-hunting is so different from when I was a ‘young’ person!

The boys all had good days at school, got their homework done, did a few chores for me, and even played a mostly civil game of crib together! Bedtimes are still a bit of a challenge. The youngest two are sharing a bed and the oldest is above them on a bunk, quite a change from each having their own room. So at bedtime they are either punching or yelling at each other or they are giggling like girls at a slumber party, which would greatly amuse me except that I am usually so annoyed by that point that I start yelling! I really need to work on a good routine for them.

All in all a successful day, how was your Monday?

0 comments:

Post a Comment