Sunday, March 28, 2010

Finally an update

We have survived our first official week in our new home! The kids are all in school now, finally. A few bumps and all is well.

DS3 had the hardest time at the beginning but he is great now, takes off for school a half hour early to stop and pet the kitty (there is a cat in our RV park, not sure who it belongs to but it is very friendly) and play with his new friends.

DS1 & 2 took longer to get in to school, bureaucratic glitches, but have attended two days now. DS1 was very dismayed to find that Science 8 here is a year long class, in his old school, it was a semester course and he had already finished and gotten an A (top mark in his class, thank you very much – and last year he barely made a C!). However, he talked with the counsellor and was able to get it dismissed and is taking an extra elective, way to go kid!

DS2 was the most nervous to start and had the biggest changes, going from an elementary school to a middle school. He was so stressed about it initially I had to promise him we would look into home schooling or on-line for him to finish the year. Not that I have anything against home schooling, in fact when I was first having my kids I seriously considered it, as it turns out our life was just not geared to it. Anyways he loves it, thinks it is much better than elementary school and for the most part likes all his teachers too!

Now that the kids are settled it is my turn. I am revamping my resume this weekend and will apply to the two placement agencies I have found and will send out resumes to the few job postings I have found on-line. Job searching is so different now then even a few years ago. There is no pounding the pavement, almost all jobs ask for resumes to be emailed or occasionally sent by fax. I figure I should be able to get temp work at least through the agencies for after Easter so my panic attacks are being kept to a minimum – mainly when I check the bank account!

Life in the trailer is going smoothly. We have good organization so far, I still have a few bags full of papers that need to be looked at, dealt with, filed or recycled. My plan is to have that done with before we head back for Easter. I have wrapped up everything with the hockey team, I am sending out emails today to update everyone in lacrosse about my move, and we will see what level of involvement I maintain after that. Even with not having a job, my worries about $$$ and missing my DH like crazy I can honestly say that my stress level is down and my mood is up!

UPDATE: I typed this up on Saturday afternoon and it is now Sunday night and I am waiting to go up and switch my wash to the dryer and am finally posting this! I did not get my resume revamped yet, I will work on that while I wait for the dryer and then hopefully I will get some more posts done up. I have so much I need to write about just to get it out of my head and help me to think more clearly.

1 comments:

Anonymous

It sounds like overall things are going great for you guys, Jane! I'm happy to hear that the kids have adjusted well! Now you just have to destress! If I was closer i'd come take you out for coffee & some downtime! :) Try to do something for "you"!

Post a Comment