Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A job, my job is coming. SOON!

Monday I had an interview with another placement agency; and it went very well! The recruiter mentioned a temp placement that they are waiting for - the company had called to say they had an employee that may be going on medical leave, and that I would be just right for it. It would be at least 2 months at $17/hour! The last person they placed with that company was for a 6-week assignment and she is still there a year later so the potential for it to turn into something more is substantial.

This morning at 7:30am I got a call from an accounting firm, I had sent an application to for an Accounts Payable clerk $15/hour, and they wanted to set up an interview for this week so I am going Wednesday after I finish work.

Yes that is right I said work. I am doing the original temp assignment I got form the first place, this week I am working Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 10 – 2. Today was the first day and it went very well. I got almost half of the appointments booked and am hopeful I will finish that part tomorrow and then there are hotels to book and a few bits of translation they have asked for.

Tomorrow, will be a tight day; I am working, I am starting an hour earlier at 9am so I may be finished earlier or work an extra hour, not sure yet, then I have my interview at 3:30 and the boys have lacrosse practice from 5:30 – 7:30 (at least they are back to back and at the same park). However, it is nice to be busy.

Today after I had finished work, I stopped at Value Village and bought three short-sleeved blouses and a pair of Capri pants for $33.54. Such a bargain! Then I came home got the boys and we went to the beach it was so beautiful out. They had fun playing on the zip line and going in the water. We stopped and got grocery store pizzas for dinner because I didn’t feel like cooking pork chops, which was on our menu (I will try to post either tomorrow morning or night) so everyone was happy.

2 comments:

Grace

Yay! How exciting. It's a great feeling to be busy with new adventures/jobs/projects.

Anonymous

That's awesome!! Yay on the 'new' clothes!! I always find such awesome deals there! :) And a day at the beach sounds like heaven!

Post a Comment