Thursday, April 15, 2010

Grocery update

In the spirit of full disclosure, my goal was to not exceed $100 for the week. I did go over by $3.78 in my big shop and needed to pick up buns ($3.74) for a total of $7.52. So the big question is did I stay to only $7.52 over?

Nope!

When I went to Wal-Mart to get the buns I found a pair of grey slacks for $5.00, I have had two pairs of pants split on me last week so this was a must, especially as they were petites and plus size which almost never happens!

On Tuesday I stopped in at IGA while the boys got sundaes at McD’s (their $$$) and picked up frozen OJ, vanilla yogurt and spinach a total of $9.96. I have really been wanting to make fruit smoothies, like the Green Monsters from My 1/2 Dozen Daily, they look so yummy! I will post about these another time.

Yesterday I had to get gas $40, for which I got a coupon for $1.91 off groceries. I used the coupon to buy some more Diet Coke for me and some no name Tylenol for DS3 along with some ground flax seed for the Green Monster. Total spent $5.40.

Total over on groceries for the week (not including the pants) $22.88. Considering that before we moved I was spending $200+ per week for the five us, I think I did pretty well.

2 comments:

its me, sam

Have you tried Reitman's pants in petites? I love the style that has the big waist band and no zippers or buttons. They hide a multitude of sins. ( the petites run even numbers which fit me better than odd numbers). Great job on the groceries!

Anonymous

You did awesome!!! $100 for a family of 5 rocks! I set aside $200 for the 6 of us each week and sometimes we barely make it! lol! How did you like the GM?? :)

Post a Comment