Thursday, March 11, 2010

LAST NIGHT SHIFT! YIPEE!

Wahoo! my last night shift. One of the best things to come out of this move is I am working my last night shift, hopefully EVER! Almost a year of messing with my circadian rhythms has played havoc on my health and the idea of sleeping at night every night is like a dream to me at this point.

Leaving this job on my terms is also a very good thing to have come out of the move. I have, often to my own detriment, stayed much longer in jobs than is healthy for me. One casual acquaintance I told we were moving asked if I had gotten a job where we were moving to and I said not yet, but I have a crappy job here and I am sure I can get a crappy job there! With that kind of attitude, how can I fail!?!

Only a few hours left here, a day of sleeping, 2 teaching days and three and a half days to figure out exactly what we are taking and then get it all in the trailer. This time next week, we will be sleeping in our trailer in our new site, DH will be spending the night and then driving back later around 2pm the next day. I have been sending myself into tizzies trying to figure out exactly where we will put things in the trailer and how we will function in there, until I finally said STOP you will figure it out as you go and if you need a basket or a shelf you will take care of it. I felt much better after that.

I am still the most concerned about the $$$. I did a quick budget and without my paycheque, we have a huge deficit obviously. I will need to get a job sooner rather than later. Variable expenses will have to be monitored very closely and only essential spending. I am really hoping that DH gets busy at his job and will start making more than his guarantee that will take off some pressure but it cannot make up the whole amount. We are all going to have to be as frugal as possible. I will post more about this as we go along.

5 hours to go, the countdown is on!

1 comments:

Anonymous

Wow! You sure have a lot on the go right now! I hope your move is a smooth one and you're able to figure out the budget & make it last! Moving can be such an adventure & a positive outlook is definitely the way to do it!! :) Hope you find a job fairly quickly, and one that you'll enjoy! :)

Post a Comment