Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A name change, maybe?

So again I disappeared ... and I just discovered people left me comments! Someone read my blog how cool. And how rude that I only just noticed, LOL!

I have a really good reason though.

WE. ARE. MOVING! Not in the summer but now, right now, in 7 days!

With all the drama (see last post) I said to my hubby in total frustration I should just take the kids and go so they can play lacrosse there and you can stay and get the house ready and follow when it sells. And he looked at me and said ‘That’s doable’. Not ‘Are you nuts? That’s crazy’ But ‘We could do that’.

So we took a couple of days to make sure we were merely crazy and not insane. I can do crazy, but I draw the line at insane! Talked to a couple of close friends, who I rely on to tell me when I cross above-mentioned line. We told the kids on Sunday after watching the closing ceremonies of the Olympics. The oldest and youngest took it well, the middle child, well he is the middle child for a reason. He was mainly worried about school; he has to go from an elementary school to a middle school. And in his words, ‘They will have better books cause they get funded and we don’t!’ I actually laughed aloud and reassured him that education-funding cuts by our government were made across the province. So lots of snuggles and reassurances and he was on board too.

So all we had to do was find a place to live and schools for the kids and of course a job for me. Now this is a much larger city we are moving to +100,000 people compared to about 8,000 people where we are now. We have a 24’ travel trailer and we are going to live in that, but finding an RV park in an urban setting was not that easy. But thank you Internet and Google I found a wonderful site and there is both an elementary (for my youngest) and a middle school right beside it! Seriously, both are closer than their bus stop is here. We went this past Saturday to check everything out, as much as I love the internet, pictures and websites can be very deceiving, all was fantastic and the kids are getting very excited. They start lacrosse on the 21st for evaluations and then school on the 22nd.

We are leaving on March 17th, only a week to go, and I am alternately excited and terrified. This is not the way I pictured making our move, but as my son’s teacher said ‘It is such a Jane thing to do’. (I think that is a compliment, I am taking it as one). Doing this without my hubby is very scary and going without a job lined up is down right terrifying. I am confident that I can find work of some sort and quickly. I am not proud and I will sling burgers if that is what it takes to get us started. My other big concern is whether or not our house will sell once DH gets it painted, repaired, etc. The market is slowly recovering and we are not going to hold out for huge bucks so I think we will have a good chance at it.

I guess I should change the name to Moving. Jane. Moving. for now at least. I am really going to try and use this blog more to help me through the move and to keep me accountable. We have talked a lot about this being a chance to make changes and become who and what we really want to be.

1 comments:

its me, sam

Run, Jane, Run... Good for you. It sounds like a good decision. Who knows, maybe you can find a new career too! Good luck!

Post a Comment