Sunday, April 11, 2010

Lacrosse

Had anyone ever told me when my kids were little that one day I would sit in an arena and yell, cheer and whistle for my kids to hit another kid I would have been appalled but that is what I did today!

The first weekend of lacrosse is done and it was great but also very strange. The boys all played so well. These were seeding games for league play so they were mini games, which was a little strange but a good way to kick off the season. What was REALLY strange was that they were playing games and it wasn’t a tournament, that we weren’t with our usual crew of friends, and they were playing for a different town!

DS3’s team played on Saturday; they lost both games but did very well, they have several players that are just starting to play the game. The first game they lost 5-2 and had there been a 3rd period I think they would have come back, they were dominating the play near the end. The second game they had to play an A team (they are a B team) and they got smoked 8-0 or something like that, it was painful. They also had several hours between games, which was great for them to bond as a team as they all hung out together but I think they were worn out by the time they hit the floor again.

DS1 & 2 played today, their two games were only 2 hours apart, enough time to eat, hang out a bit and get ready for the next one, it was a perfect time gap! And they won both games!!! The first game was 3-0, DS1’s first ever shut out in lacrosse, he only faced about 6 shots but he was so solid! The second game was 3-1, a lucky bounce. DS2 was strong, caught and passed well, had some awesome hits and was super strong defensively.

I was very proud of all three of my boys, not only for playing well but also for also for how well they are playing on their teams; good sportsmanship, listening to their coaches and making friends with teammates. Someone told me that if you move your kids it is a lot easier if they are involved with sports because on a team they have ready-made friends. I agree but I also think that the skills they have learned being a part of a team has helped them in making friends at school!

This week we have three practice days between the two teams and the older boys have an exhibition game on Saturday against the A team (they are all so tall, but that is another story) and DH will be here to see it, we haven’t told him yet they want it to be a surprise! Hopefully DS3 will have a game on the weekend too!

1 comments:

Grace

Hi, thanks for the comment and leaving your link. (I enjoy checking out new blogs). BTW: I love your honesty, “…cheer and whistle for my kids to hit another kid…” Awesome mom support! :-)

Post a Comment