Sunday, April 11, 2010

A menu plan and my grocery goals

I like to shop on Sundays so that I can get fresh ingredients for the boys’ lunches; however, I hate shopping on Sundays because I always seem to run out of time! Today after coming back from lacrosse DS2 and I hit Superstore and WalMart and got the weeks groceries.

I am trying to budget only $100 a week for groceries for the 4 of us. This is partly because we are down one person to feed and also since there is no money coming in I am really trying to stretch. I can usually do very well in my one big grocery shop the problem is running out again during the week, this is a goal for this week not to shop again (except for buns tomorrow since they had none today). Today I spent $70.04 at Superstore and $33.74 at WalMart, I will have to pick up buns tomorrow and that will be another $3.74 for a total of $7.52 over for the week, not too bad!

Here is our menu:

Sunday: Sloppy Joes and oven fries
Monday: Pork chops, rice and veggies with cheese sauce
Tuesday: Mac & Cheese Taco Skillet
Wednesday: Crock Pot Steak and potatoes
Thursday: Spaghetti/Pasta and BBQ chicken (frozen leftovers from last week for DS1 he has to have his meat!)
Friday: the kids are on their own as I am out of town for the day teaching so they will eat whatever is left, make KD, perogies, etc.
Saturday: Burgers and chips - DH is coming back to town for the weekend, I have hamburger in the freezer but will need to get fresh buns and chips would never last all week so I will pick them up Saturday and count it towards next week’s total

I bought a couple of treats for us all this week; Easter M&M’s and marshmallow bunnies – 50% off and ice cream sandwiches. The pork chops I bought were enough for two meals so I froze half and I bought a package of 10 chicken legs, I don’t really like them but the boys do and they were only $5 so I figured that was pretty good. I also got some fruit, bread products, KD, Sidekicks ($0.97 each), and a few condiments, pasta and juices.

I am really going to try not to get anything else at the grocery store this week. This is my #2 goal for the week. My #1 goal for the week will be to FIND A JOB!!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment