Friday, April 9, 2010

A little blue today

The sun is peeking through the clouds, but my mood is definitely down today.

I did not get the bookkeeping job. I know that it was very close and they even took an extra day to decide; I think I did not get it because I was looking for full time while the other candidate was looking for part time. It is OK, I would be hesitant to hire someone that I know might leave because they need full time employment and I could not give it to them. I had somewhat prepared myself for this possibility because as I said I am not sure I would have hired me, lol! But at the same time I am feeling a little bit blue.

I also looked at our bank balance yesterday and YIKES! We are down to our last $300 and I have many overdue bills that are keeping me awake at night. I did however file our income tax returns this morning and combined we are getting $3296, WHOOHOOO! This will allow DH to get going on the inside work at the house, catch up on our bills and a bit of cushion for groceries and gas.

Next Friday I am travelling back home to teach FoodSafe for the day. They emailed me and asked if I could come and do it as they were desperate and had not found anyone to take over yet, they have someone for the summer months but not until then. Since I did not get the job and the temp position has been postponed by a week I said OK, but that I wanted more money than usual. I normally got paid $200 for teaching in my hometown, so I asked for $250 plus $50 to cover my fuel. This way I won’t be out any cash for travelling back and the $250 will cover the remaining lacrosse registration for the boys! I said I would negotiate, what I really want is at least $250 total to cover lacrosse. To be out the gas money is not so bad – thankfully, I have the turtle (1990 Toyota Tercel) and not the truck!

The boys have their first games this weekend. These are seeding games to determine league play but they are all very excited. We are going after school today to get new runners, I had to ask the boys to pay for them with their Easter money (they each bought a video game so they did get something fun too!) and I said I would repay them as soon as I can.

This is all good stuff, things are going very well and we are on the right track. I am just feeling down today. As long as I don’t wallow in that for too long I will be fine. I found 3 jobs on the job bank to apply for today so I will be doing that until the boys get home and then it is off to get runners!

0 comments:

Post a Comment