Thursday, April 8, 2010

So far its an AWESOME week

Easter back at ‘home’ was very nice, got to see some friends, spread out and enjoy some SPACE and best of all be with DH! It was hard for DS2 to leave; his two best friends were both away so he didn’t get to see them and when he went skiing he tweaked his knee and had to leave after only a couple of runs. Now that we are back all is well.

Tuesday (which I thought was Monday, haha!) was a great day I went for my testing and interview with the recruitment agency. It went very well. They gave me tests on Excel and Word; I scored 97% and 100% respectively. The lady said scores like that were unheard of that no one gets a 100%. Hmm, I thought they were pretty basic, I guess I DO have more skills than I thought! I was given a temp assignment starting next week (now it has been pushed back a week) doing some phone and scheduling work for a company. They needed someone who speaks French and I am fluently bilingual so Yeah me!

When I got back, I had an email from the bookkeeping job asking me to come in for a second interview with their contractor. Turns out she was having a hard time deciding between me and one other lady, so she had us both back on Wednesday to see if the contractor could make the decision clearer. Turns out, he couldn’t and they still haven’t made up there minds. She emailed me last night and said they needed one more day as we both have so much to offer in different ways they just aren’t sure which way to go. She will be making the decision today for sure though.

Even if I don’t get the position (the other candidate is looking for part-time where as I am wanting fulltime so I think that may be making it more difficult for them) I am very happy with how I conducted myself in the interviews. I was nervous but not a mess, I spoke well and confidently about my accomplishments and am feeling so much better about finding work here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment